Friday, October 7, 2011

Too Much

I am so unbelievably behind with posting. I would say things have been crazy busy around here but aren't things crazy busy for everyone? Probably. But still...IT'S BEEN CRAZY BUSY.

I've often thought about doing a whole day in the life post but thought that would make it sound like I'm complaining. Which I'm totally not. My crazy busy life has been brought on by myself. I could give something up but my first thoughts are of giving up my job. Or I should say jobs. But that really won't work because, you know, I like to eat. And have a place to live. And lord knows I'm not giving up my kids stuff. Or my running stuff. Or Team In Training stuff. And my husband's not gonna give up any of his stuff. Mostly cause his stuff is work stuff too.

So here we are. Crazy busy.

I'm gonna try to play a little catch up so you know what's going on in my running world (cause I know you care) and my Team In Training world.

Two weeks ago the family (minus Jeff because he was in class becoming the worlds best teacher) ran a 5K to benefit Heroes For Children. I love this organization. If you ever have to chance to help them out, donate, or participate in one of their events - DO IT. Cancer sucks but cancer in children is just about the worst thing ever.




Grant ran next to his friend (Serene's son) Dalton and I pushed Maggie in the jogging stroller (aka...beer stroller). Right before the finish I parked the stroller next to a very nice cop who watched it for me and Maggie and I raced to the finish. It might have been the cutest thing ever. CUTEST. EVER.




This weekend is The Tyler Rose Half Marathon. Do you remember when I ran this one last year. I believe I said it was the hardest race I've ever run. Well I've run many races since that one and it's still the hardest I've ever run. I should be a bit nervous going into it. At least last year I had NO idea the hell that was about to be upon me. This year I am fully aware. And coming off that dreadful performance I had at Plano Balloon Half. But I'm not. I'm kind of looking forward to it. I don't plan on trying to break any records. I just plan on trying to have fun. Really.

No, I mean it.



Now a bit of TNT news...starting November 19th I will officially be coaching the Spring Marathon team. Woot Woot. I accepted with a few mixed feelings. First, that means I will be leaving the winter team early. This team is SUCH a great team. All teams are great but sometimes you just have a group that is amazing...and this is one of those groups. Second, I probably need a break. And so does my family. Instead of being done in January, I won't be done until the end of April. That's a lot of Saturdays.

But it's Team In Training. And I love Team In Training. So that wins over all else.

Come join us in Madrid or Dallas and raise money for a GREAT cause.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment