Saturday, October 22, 2011

Holy Hills Batman

It's been 2 weeks since I actually ran The Tyler Rose Half Marathon. I figured it's time to finally do my race recap since I ran another race today. Did I mention that I was crazy busy?

Tyler Rose 2010 is still to this day the hardest course I have ever run. I can't say that I was super nervous about this year's race. Unlike last year I knew what to expect and I knew how to pace myself for those horrible horrible hills. And I did. I was extremely comfortable the entire race. The hills were hard but not miserable. I was kind of in that zen place where you think about everything in your life besides the running. It was nice.

The course changed a bit from last year. We started and finished in the Tyler Rose Garden which was beautiful. I thought for a second that this course might have some worse hills than last year but I don't think so. I just think they were longer. Again this year the race was extremely well organized. Loved every minute of it. I read another friends blog who ran the full and had the exact opposite feeling about how things were put together. It's always interesting to me how different our perspectives can be on the same event. But again, I loved it.

Course Elevation 2011


Course Elevation 2010


Bit of a difference in elevation :)

Annnnd some pics from the day...





Official Time: 2:14:50.

A few seconds faster than last year I think.


1 comment:

  1. Great pictures. Like you this is one of my favorite races.

    ReplyDelete