Thursday, June 9, 2011

ABT

ABT - Always Be Training

That's my new motto. Always Be Training. It's the only way for me. And I know I said I would not sign up for anymore races? But I just can't help it. I don't do well if I don't have anything on the calendar. I need a goal. I need a reason to get out in 90 degree weather and run. Because if I don't have a reason I will not do it. So that is why I will Always Be Training from now on.


Now what have I been training for? Or kind of training for? The Wounded Warrior Half Marathon this Sunday June 12th. It benefits the Semper Fi Fund which is a really great cause. And it has a pretty awesome medal. And we all know it's all about the medals.



So factoring in the heat I guess I'm just gonna try to have fun. And finish upright. And not die. Pretty lofty goals I think.


But now on to the most ridiculous part...
 
I am going to run a half in July, August, September, October, November, and December.
 
Sizzling Summer Half - July 23
The Hottest Half - August 14
Plano Balloon Festival Half - September 18
Tyler Rose Half - October 9
Rock N Roll San Antonio Half - November 13
Dallas White Rock Marathon - December 4  (This one is still up in the air. I haven't made any final full marathon plans yet. But I'll keep you posted!)


(This is the time I'm thankful my husband doesn't actually read this blog cause I'm pretty sure he'd have a coronary if he saw all those events. Let's just keep this between you and me internet. So ssssssssh. What he doesn't know want hurt him, right?)

2 comments:

  1. Love the bling...hoping I finish "upright" with you! Or you can catch me at the finish line! Luckily I'm out of town on July 23! Darn! We'll see about August 14 : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jessica!

    My name is Megan Rechin and I am a community outreacher (if that's a word :) ) for a website
    called healthrally.com started by a new software company focused on health motivation.

    The website is not actually up and running right now, but that's why I decided to contact you.
    I saw from your recent Twitter posts that you are into staying fit, as are we at HealthRally.
    But we need people like you, with a determined and healthful mindset, to test out the site to see if our idea can really help motivate you before we reveal it to the public.
    And I think you would be the perfect person to do this!

    Here is a short description of how the site works:

    HealthRally.com is a private social network where you choose a health goal like
    losing weight or quitting smoking, pick a reward that could motivate you, and then invite your
    close friends and family to cheer you on and motivate you to succeed with pledges toward your reward.
    It's a new approach, and we are seeing our first group of users achieve their goals and have a bunch of fun in the process.

    If you would like to try it out, just write me back at megan@healthrally.com and I will send you the link :)

    You can also follow me on Twitter: @meganrechin
    Or if you have any questions, feel free to ask!

    Thanks!

    Megan A. Rechin

    Community Outreach and Rally Member
    HealthRally.com

    ReplyDelete