Monday, February 21, 2011

Runcuf–Best Invention Ever

OK, you guys know how I feel about wearing the minimum amount of things on my person while running. If it’s above 30 degrees I’m in shorts and a singlet. It has to be freezing for me to wear a jacket or even sleeves. I can’t stand hydration or race belts. Seriously can’t stand them. I tolerate a hand held for water but I usually complain the entire time I’m carrying it.

So when Serene and I came across Runcuf at the Austin Marathon Expo I was a little hesitant. Basically it’s a cuff that goes on your arm. It has 4 pockets (I think). One of them big enough for your phone. It fits snugly on your arm and is completely waterproof. Very comfortable. The only reason I even looked at it was because I knew the race was going to be hard. Serene had a hamstring injury and I just got over pneumonia. Neither of us had been training properly (or at all) and thought it would be nice to take our phones with us. Just in case.

So we both bought one at the expo and wore it the next day. And yes, I know. I know. Nothing new on race day. Whatever. This race was going to be miserable ever way.

And you know what? I loved it. Totally loved it. It never once bothered me. I loved having my phone with me. Not that I used it during the race but I did before and after. There was no reason to bag check. I could have had my key in there and maybe even a gel. But that might have been pushing it. Either way…I totally recommend it!!!

Unfortunately the only place in Texas to find them is RunTex. So for all you Dallas people, start calling Luke’s and RunOn and ask for them to start selling RUNCUF!!

3

3a

Don’t they kind of look tough?! I totally felt like Wonder Woman.

5 comments:

  1. It really didn't! The back is made of tech material so it drys super fast. Now it wasn't 100 degrees outside so it may get a little hot during the super crazy summer days but it never once bothered me yesterday. And I was worried my sweat would ruin my iPhone but it was completely dry. Craziness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Review! Runcuf is available online at Foot Works Miami.

    ReplyDelete