Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Setting Goals

It's less than 4 days until White Rock. I'm starting to get a bit nervous. It's a strange nervous though. I'm not really worried about the race or distance. I know I can finish. I'm actually more nervous about my expectations. I don't really even know what they are anymore. I just know that I usually set a goal for myself and I rarely meet that goal. Does this mean I'm setting my goals too high? Or not pushing myself enough? I don't think so. Or maybe. Who knows. I do know that I have to have some sort of goal in mind when I start. I can't go into it just hoping to do my best. That's not how I work. So I guess I'll do some soul searching these next couple of days and figure out what my goal needs to be.

2 comments:

  1. I'm blogging today too...but it isn't finished, but here's what got my mind going as I got ready this morning. I think it will help you with your thoughts too.

    Who would have thought as I tore off my ROCK TAPE this is what I would read..."When it's all over, its not what you were, its whether you made a difference!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may want to check out http://www.GoalsOnTrack.com, a very nicely built web app designed for tracking goals and todo lists, and supports time tracking too. It's clear, focused, easy to navigate, worth a try.

    ReplyDelete