Tuesday, November 16, 2010

San Antonio Race Recap!

My countdown clocks have been updated! San Antonio Rock 'N' Roll Half Marathon is done and gone. I have to say this was one of the BEST times I've ever had during a race (except for that first one with my Dad. But to be fair, that one was really painful so fun is not exaclty how I remember it. Meaningful, yes. Fun, no.) The entire weekend was great. Serene and I did everything you are NOT supposed to do before a race. We were on our feet ALL day. We tried sample after sample at the Expo (a big no no). We didn't hydrate. We skipped lunch. And then, instead of carbo-loading, we ate Mexican food. It was great.

The race itself was amazing. I ran with my two cousins, Christin and Kelly, and Serene. Serene and I run together all the time but we've never actually run a race together. It was SO much fun. And this was Christin and Kelly's first half. They were both SO amazing. I feel so very lucky to have shared this with them. I am already planning out future family renions centered around upcoming races. I mean, why not? Pretty soon I'm sure we will have talked the entire Collins family into joining us.
















2 comments:

  1. I LOVE that your family is so into running! That is so awesome. Pretty soon a whole new generation will be running the long ones:) BTW... your countdown clocks give me anxiety, lol.

    ReplyDelete