Thursday, October 7, 2010

What to do?

So I can't make a shoe decision for my half marathon on Sunday.

1. Newton

Do I wear my Newtons? I love them SO much but I'm not up to 13 miles in them. I jumped from 2 miles to 6 miles and my arch paid the price. It seems stupid to try to run 13.1 in them but again, I love them. Seriously people, running up a hill in Newtons is a cake walk. Simply delicious.

2. Saucony

My tried and true Sauconys. They have never ever steered me wrong. It makes sense to wear these right? You would think so but since wearing other shoes, my Sauconys feel like I'm running in a pair of boots. So very heavy. And they have a ton of miles on them.

3. Brooks

My Brooks Launch. Ohhh I love these shoes too! They are OH SO LIGHT. They feel like I'm wearing a pair of socks. Cushy, comfy socks. Only drawback is they have no real support for my flat arches. I have to really concentrate on my form at all times. Around mile 10, that is a little difficult. But the laces say "Dig Deep" on them. And yes, I know that's not a legitimate reason to choose a shoe...but it kind of is, isn't it?! Yea, I think so.

So what so I do? Please tell me because I have no idea.

3 comments:

  1. Do inny-meeny-miney-mo! That's what I do when I can't decide ;) Seriously though, I think you should wear the shoes that you can just run in and not have to worry about form or arches. My vote is for the tried and trues. That's just me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have any real advice, but laces that say "Dig deep"? That's just awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't do new shoes. I ran only 4 miles in my new shoes and strained my IT Band. It could have been a fluke but it also could have been the new shoes. Just my "shoe" cents (I know, I am a huge dork.)

    ReplyDelete