Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Countdown Update

(Per your request Kelly)

You may noticed I updated my Countdown Clocks over there. Tyler Rose is done and gone.

San Antonio Rock N Roll Half - 31 days
White Rock Full - 52 days
New Years Day Half - 79 days

New Years Day Half Marathon is the newest race added. It's a small race, only 200 participants allowed, at Watters Creek in Allen, TX. I've run the trails at Watters Creek a couple of times. It's a nice flat course. I should be able to get a PR. That's what I'm hoping anyway. Not sure what my goal is right now. 2:08 or 2:05 maybe? I don't know. I'll have a better idea of things the more I train. Maybe.

But It's difficult to try to calculate what pace I am going to be or need to be. I don't wear a watch on my short runs which I really thinks makes me go faster. But when I don't wear a watch on my long runs, I go too fast. And when I do wear a watch, I don't know my exact pace until after the run is over anyway. And this brings me back to one thing - The Garmin. I was really thinking maybe I didn't need one but now I think I do. I would like to stay at a 10:30 or 10:45 pace throughout my marathon and I need a Garmin to tell me I'm on track. To slow me down when I go too fast. To speed me up when I go too slow. Yep, I need a Garmin. Crap.

(BTW - Kelly, I blame you for this. I had completely convinced myself I didn't need a Garmin but noooooooo. You had to go and bring it up again.)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update, and the shout-out! :)

    I looked up the Allen race. Looks fun! And only 200 participants sounds REALLY nice. It seems silly to sign up for a race when I haven't even run the first one, but the Allen race seems really fun and I'm tempted. Maybe next year.

    GPS! GPS! GPS! Maybe we'll both get one for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete