Friday, September 17, 2010

The Laws of Motion

So do you remember just a few days ago when I said I was done? Remember that? No more spending money on running. Well, apparently I am a big fat liar head (a term I learned from Grant and asked him to not use again, all the while kind of loving it). Why am I a liar head? A hypocrite of sorts?

Because I have spent more money on running. BUT. It was an absolute must. I'm not even joking. I had NO choice. I had to have these shoes. And technically I didn't buy them before I needed them. My beloved Sauconys (that's right Saucony. I still love you) will have 300 miles by the end of the month. I needed some time to break these new ones in. So I HAD to, right?

Ohh enough of me trying to justify my purchase...let's just talk about the shoes.

Newton Motion - Stability Performance Trainer
From www.newtonrunning.com

Newton Running's top-of-the-line stability performance trainer is the ultimate shoe for Natural Running. Get a fast, flexible ride with greater energy return and less impact. The 2010 model has medial posting to offset pronation, enhanced durability in the heel, a new high-rebound midsole material and improved upper fit. This shoe allows you to run naturally — faster with greater efficiency and less overuse injuries (like achilles tendonitis and plantar fasciitis).



More from www.newtonrunning.com

1. Land 2. Lever 3. Lift

LAND lightly with your foot parallel to the ground under the center of your body mass. This keeps impact shock off your heel, preventing braking action and reducing muscular damage.

As your midfoot/forefoot impacts the ground, you engage the Action/ Reaction Technology™. The membrane supporting the four external lugs absorbs shock and stores energy. As you LEVER your foot forward, the lugs act as levers loaded up with energy.

Instead of using excessive muscle power and pushing off to begin a new stride, simply LIFT your foot off the ground. The lugs will thrust out of the midsole chambers with a burst of energy that turns into forward propulsion.





So does it work? I'm not totally sure BUT I do know that I love the shoes. And yes, it may be a bit premature since I've only put 3 miles on them. But those 3 miles were great. I felt like I was running in socks. Socks that made me want to run faster. Run lighter. Am I actually running faster? Lighter? I have no idea. I no longer where a watch. But I feel like I am and that's all that really matters.

And yes, I am also aware that they may just be the UGLIEST shoes ever. I don't care. OK, I care kind of but I'm still wearing them.

1 comment:

  1. I love love love my Newtons! Welcome to the club lady.

    ReplyDelete