Sunday, September 26, 2010

Blame it on the Rain (yea, I quoted a Milli Vanilli song. What of it?)

I skipped my normal Team In Training group run on Saturday to particiapate in the National Ovarian Cancer Coalition (NOCC) Walk/Run to Break the Silence 5K. My friend, Lannie, is an ovarian cancer survivor and this run is for her. It was a great morning with great friends. We had a wonderful time and I can't wait until next year.

But since this is a running blog, I'll give you a short play by play of the race (if anyone out there actually cares besides maybe my dad). It was a cold and rainy morning. Whaaaaat? Cold and rainy? Wasn't it like a 107 last week? Yes, it was. But this is Texas and that's the way we roll here in the Lone Star State. Anyway, the race began with sprinkles and finished with a down pour. I actually felt pretty good the entire time. Especially considering I was nursing a sore arch and hadn't really run all week. And despite the rain (or maybe because of the rain), I had a decent time. 27:31. Also, not too bad, considering a cop stopped us and let cars go by during the MIDDLE of the race. I lost about 45 seconds for that. Probably more. Oh well. This race is to raise awareness. I was happy to stop...kind of.

Pre-Race (still somewhat dry)

After Race (I look a little bit like a boy in this pic. New haircut not so flattering here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment