Tuesday, June 22, 2010

What? Am I really doing this again?!


I have decided to sign up for another round of Team In Training. This time to run the Dallas White Rock Marathon. But wait? Isn’t that what I did last year?

No. No, it is not. I ran the half marathon. 13.1 miles. It almost killed me. But this time I’m running the full. THE FULL 26.2 MILES. It may actually kill me.

Kidding (I hope).

And it is my job to run the training miles. And ohhh there will be lots of miles. So very very VERY many miles to run. But I will run them. With a smile on my face. It may be a fake smile but a smile just the same. A smile because I can run these miles. It will be hard but I can do it. I can run these miles for the millions of people diagnosed with cancer each year that can not run them. I can. So I will.

And I will raise money for research and patient care. That’s what this really comes down to…raising money. Because without the funds, a cure will not be found. And patients and their families will not get the care they need. And Team In Training does this better than anybody.

So please help find a cure by donating to this amazing cause. A cause that is SO very dear to my heart. Please click on My Fundraising Link below. Donate what you can. $1, $5, $25, or more! Every dollar makes a difference. Thank you so much!!!

http://pages.teamintraining.org/ntx/Whiterck10/jwatkinufs


Daily Mantra:

I can do it.

(Yes, my mantras are back.)

No comments:

Post a Comment