Thursday, May 20, 2010

Is it gonna be like this every time?

I feel like after I complete a race, I have to start completely over. I feel like I did when I first started running. Miserable. Out of shape. Awful. Now, I realize that I’ve only done 3 races but it’s been the same every time.

I race.
I take a week off because I can’t move.
And then I start over.

The easiest 3 mile run makes me feel like I’m going to die. I want to stop. Throw up. Die.

So is it gonna be like this every time? I understood after White Rock. It was my first race. But it’s not getting easier. The races are getting easier. But the aftermath is the same horrible thing each time. I meet my friend Serene on Tuesday nights and Sunday mornings to run. She feels the same way. We both want to die. And she’s in WAY better shape than me. It’s comforting to know someone else is suffering too. (And there is nothing wrong with finding comfort in someone else's misery so shut it!)

But seriously, it’s just so strange when you think about it. We never feel this way after a 10 or 12 mile training run. But a race. Man.

No comments:

Post a Comment