Sunday, February 21, 2010

It's like starting all over again.

So. I'm back. Running. Aching. Exhausted.

Really, I've been running this entire time. Just sporadically. No real training schedule.

But I was standing at Grant's baseball tryouts the other night trying to figure out how I was going to fit baseball practice into my already hectic schedule. I pulled out my blackberry to look at the calendar, hoping and praying that this would be over soon so I could go home to get started on my million and one other responsibilities and it occurred to me...I have a half marathon to run in 3 weeks. The Dallas Rock N Roll Half. What!? Holy Crap. I spent 5 months preparing for White Rock and it just about killed me. Where did the time go? And how am I going to get my miles in? What am I going to do?

My battle plan:

Saturday 02/20 - 8 miles
Saturday 02/27 - 10 miles
Saturday 03/06 - 6 miles

And run 2 or 3 miles at least 3 other times each week.

Will it be enough? I have no idea but it's the best I can do. I ran the 8 miles yesterday and wanted to die a little bit. It really is like starting over. Again...holy crap.

Daily Mantra:

Just do the best you can. Hopefully it will be enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment