Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Day 114 - Let's Get Physical

Monday, November 9, 2009

Physical Therapy...

So I started physical therapy Monday morning. And we all know how I feel about physical therapy. Well, I guess everyone doesn't know how I feel so for those who don't...I hate it.

But that's not totally true. I don't hate the therapy itself, I just hate what has to go with the therapy. This is my 6th time in physical therapy for some reason or another (actually all previous reasons have been for my pelvis but whatever) and it's exactly the same. It only works if you do what they tell you too outside of therapy, as many times a day as they tell you to, and exactly how they tell you to do it. And I know it seems ridiculous, but it's generally a lot of mundane stuff. And let's face it, I don't normally do what I'm supposed to.

Now, that being said...I am trying. I really am. I did my stupid stretches last night before bed. And I tried to do them all when I got up this morning. It's just frustrating. I went in for shin splints and now my pelvis is killing me. I knew this would happen. I had learned to block out that particular pain and now it's all I can think about. Come on.

And why am I getting shin splints that are not going away? Who knows? Could be I upped my mileage too quickly. Could be that I need more arch support. Could be that I am overcompensating for my pelvis. I am going to try to deal with each possible situation and see what happens.

I have to go back 2 more times this week. Yes, you read that right. 2 more times. After that, hopefully I can cut down to just twice a week until race day. And I am going to try to do what I am supposed to. I want my legs feeling better and I want to prevent this from happening in the future. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment