Sunday, November 8, 2009

Day 112 - It's a Do or Die Situation

Saturday, November 7, 2009

It's a do or die situation
We will be invincible

OK, most of you that know me well, know that I relate everything in my life to some 1980's movie or song. It's sad really but it's the truth. Soooo, all day Friday I couldn't get Invincible by Pat Benatar out of my head. I always assume that everyone else has the same obsessions that I do and know exactly what I'm talking about, but for those who don't, it's from The Legend of Billie Jean soundtrack. (If you have not seen this awesome movie, you must!)

Anyway, I was kind of feeling that way...do or die. My 12 mile run was Saturday morning and I was more than freaked. Seriously, do or die.

I woke up at 4:00am with leg pain. Great. Just great. This is not how I need to start my day. I took 4 ibuprofen (don't freak out, 4 is fine) and iced my legs. It seemed to help. So I got up, had breakfast, got dressed, met the TEAM, got inspired, and ran.

I always struggle that first mile. I say that all the time. I don't know why I'm am so miserable but I am. Why am I even out here if I am so miserable? Because I know it will get better and I will get over it. I actually struggled the first 3.25 miles but after that I started running with Charlene and Kendra. They both run my pace and it's nice to have a buddy. Charlene is actually much faster than I am but she was nice enough to hang back with us. Thank you Charlene.

I wish I could tell you more about the 12 miles but I can't. It's kind of a blur now. It was hard but not near as hard as I thought it would be. My legs hurt but, again, not near as bad as I thought they would. Our time was 2 hrs 15 minutes. Not too bad really. We ran it pretty much without stopping. Now we did stop at all the water stations but not for more than about 30 seconds so I'm not really counting that. I probably should but I'm not.

I've felt pretty good all day today (Sunday) until the last hour or so. Now my legs hurt. I mean really hurt. But I've got physical therapy in the morning so maybe that will help. Probably just make it worse though. Whatever. Like I said Friday...I'm running no matter what. I've come too far.

Daily Mantra:

3 miles was sooooo 3 months ago.

(Charlene actually came up with this one but it was so good I can't help but use it.)

Distance:

12 flippin miles people!!

No comments:

Post a Comment