Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Day 107 - Super Fast

Monday, November 2, 2009

Technically today is a rest day. But I've got my schedule all screwed up again. And since I have said numerous times over the last couple of days that I was going to get my miles in this week, I decided to run a few miles as hard as I could. I had 20 free minutes. That's it. I can run 2 miles in 20 minutes no problem, right? Right. Now was this the smartest thing to do with my shin pain? I don't know. They hurt no matter what I do, so I might as well run...super fast!

I finished in 17:90 minutes. That's a 8:95 minute mile. Yeaaaa!

I have no intention of trying to run a 9 minute mile when doing my long runs. I just knew this was only 2 miles so I gave it my all...just to see what I could do. AND I think I probably could have finished even sooner but someone was burning leaves in the neighborhood and my throat and lungs were not feeling so great. Either way...I rocked it!

Daily Mantra:

As fast as you can.

Distance:

2 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment