Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Day 94 - This can't be right?

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

4 miles last night. You would think after the 8 I ran on Saturday that this would be a cake walk. It was and it wasn't. My shins were still hurting from Saturday. Just overworked maybe? Normally I would have taken a couple of ibuprofen and iced them before I set out but Maggie (and Daisey) made sure that didn't happen.

I have a check list I go through before I set off for a run. Watch. Check. iPod. Check. Fuel Belt. Check. Ibuprofen. Check. And so on. While I was changing into my running clothes I heard a commotion in the kitchen. DAISEY STOP IT!!! MAGGIE NOOOOO!! I come running. My first sight....Daisey and Mag's butts sticking out of the turned over trash can. Grant was trying his best to get them out but they were both not budging. I pulled them out. Picked up the trash. Stuck Maggie in the bath. I get why Daisey was so excited to be in the nasty trash but Maggie? Not so sure why that would be appealing. Hmmmmm.

Anyway, I rushed out to meet the Team on time and forgot to take my ibuprofen. My shins were hurting before the 1st mile was up. I stopped at mile 1 with the rest of the team to stretch. I'm not fond of stopping during a run but it was dark and I'm even less fond of running by myself in the dark. I had trouble starting up again because of the shin pain. I pushed through and ran the remaining 3 miles. My time was super slow but I wasn't winded when I finished. If it wasn't for my shins the run would have been a cake walk. Again, hmmmmm?

I woke up last night around 2:00am with horrible shin pain again. Does anyone else have this? What am I doing wrong? Am I pushing too hard? How can that be? I'm not running anymore than anyone else. It can't take me a week to recover from each long run. That doesn't make sense. Somebody give me advice.

Daily Mantra:

It's only 4 miles. Just finish.

Distance:

4 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment