Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Day 65 - No Stoppin Me!

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

I didn't make it to Team run tonight. I just couldn't seem to get it together after Jeff's scare on Friday and then Grant's parent/teacher meeting Monday. I was mentally exhausted. I'll go on Wednesday.

Soooo...I ran my three miles on my own. The weather was beautiful! Perfect really. The first mile was still tough. It always is. If I am ever going to give up, it would be during the first mile. Every step hurts. Every breath hurts. It's all mental I know. Or maybe I should say I'm mental. Either way, it's tough.

THEN....something always happens right after mile 1. I straighten up. I run better. I breathe better. So I ran. Meaning I didn't stop. At all. I ran my 3 miles with no walk/run intervals. I just ran.

I had this epiphany at about mile 2. Why do I stop to walk for a minute? I don't slow down very much? I'm still covering the same distance? Why not just keep running? I know. I know. I probably should have come to this realization sooner but whatever. I still did it. Honestly, there really is no stoppin me now people.

Daily Mantra:

Just keep running.

Distance:

3 miles

1 comment: