Monday, September 21, 2009

Day 62 - 6 Freakin Miles People!

Saturday, September 19, 2009

That's right. 6 miles. I ran 6 freakin miles today. I finished. No pain. No wanting to die. No wanting to vomit. I'm awesome.

So, I've never run the 6 mile course. I didn't know the mile markers. I was a bit thrown off but just decided to walk 1 minute about every 15 minutes or mile and a half. Worked out well in the beginning but I lost track of time around mile 3. I ended up running about 2 miles before I looked at my watch. I kept thinking if I could just make it through this hilly section then I could stop. The hilly section went on and on. And on. And on. So I ran much further then I normally would have. Woo Hoo!

It was a good day. I am proud of myself.

Daily Mantra:

Just make it up the hill

Distance:

6 miles

Total Miles Run So Far:

89.38

No comments:

Post a Comment