Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Day 58 - I feel the need...

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

...the need for speed.

So tonight was speed training. Ohhh speed training! Not as bad as I thought it would be but still a little tough. My right leg is still giving me some trouble so this wasn't my favorite exercise. Plus I'm super short and can NOT keep up with all those long strides of my super tall friends. Why are all my friends so tall? I'm not talking average normal tall. I'm talking crazy tall. Seriously, I was taking 2 steps to their one. Whew! I was worn out. Speed work is not my friend. I will continue to do it but only when I have to. No more. No less. Got it.

Daily Mantra:

Think tall.

Distance:

1.5 miles
(tonight was supposed to be a 3 mile night, but again, we get extra credit for the speed work)

2 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorite posts. I can relate to the shortness factor. I feel like I'm always running just to keep up with Billy when he's walking.

    This (runningisforcrazypeople) is also one of my favorite blogs to read. Your posts are always great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww thanks Kel! I reread (is that spelled right?) what I have written sometimes and realize people must think I'm crazy. Glad to know someone out there likes it!

    And yes, I feel the same way keeping up with Jeff. Why do we short folks always gravitate to tall people?

    ReplyDelete