Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Day 57 - Rest - No Way!

Monday, September 14, 2009

OK, Mondays are never going to be the rest day that they are supposed to be. Jeff is usually home at a decent time so I can always run. I'm just not going to pass that chance up.

So, it's been raining for 4 days straight. Ughhhh! It finally stopped and I went out for my run. It was actually a bit chili when I set out. Can you believe it? I can't. There was a nice mist and I felt great. For a while at least...

I've decided to push myself a little harder this week. I normally run 1 mile then walk 1 minute. Tonight I ran 1.5 miles before I stopped. Woo Hoo! I felt great! Then I stopped to walk. Ohhh my leg! My achin' leg. It hurt. Not horrible hurt, but it hurt. I walked for about 1:45 minutes, then started running again. Eventually the pain lightened up some. I ran the remainder on my 3 miles before stopping (about another 1.5 miles). I was hardly winded. I felt great. Except for the horrible pain in my right leg, of course.

I took ibuprofen and iced my leg. The pain went away. Mostly. Now to figure out what is causing it. Form? Strain? Stress Fracture? I really don't have time for any of those. Maybe it will just go away. ;)

Daily Mantra:

Just run through it!

Distance:

3 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment