Thursday, September 10, 2009

Day 52 - Ouchhhhhh!

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Ohhhhhh the pain! My right calve is K.I.L.L.I.N.G. me!! I was fine the first 1/2 mile or so. But ohhhhhhh the pain! At 1 mile I stopped to stretch just to see if it would help. I was having trouble putting weight on my leg again. The stretching did seem to help but by the time I finished my second mile, I just couldn't go on. I actually stopped. I quit. I think this is the first time I've really quit in the middle of a run. I feel like a loser. I know nothing major is going on. If it was then the pain wouldn't go away after icing. Seriously, feel like a loser.

I iced it again and took ibuprofen. The pain went away. Mostly. I can still feel it today but nothing major.

So what's going on?? I called my Dad. His advice...it's probably just a strain. Not that big of a deal. I just need to take it easy and continue to ice and ibuprofen. Maybe walk my miles tonight instead so I'm not a total loser. I can handle that.

Daily Mantra:

I will make it up!

Distance:

2 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment