Saturday, September 5, 2009

Day 48 - 4 miles really?

Saturday, September 5, 2009

So today is the big 4 mile run. Oh Dear Lord. Really? I've hardly trained at all this week. And you want me to run 4 miles? All while pushing a jogging stroller? Crap. OK, if you say so.

Mile 1 - good. My arms and back muscles hurt. That stupid jogging stroller is not easy but I'm doing it.

Mile 2 - not so good. I just couldn't get past the stupid stroller.

Mile 3 - feeling great. Why? Because Corey (one of our mentors) took the stroller from me. She pushed it up the hill (small mountain) so I wouldn't have to struggle.

Mile 4 - even better. Again, why? Because Corey still had the stroller. She decided she liked the extra workout. (I would also like to point out that Corey had already run 5 miles this morning before meeting us. Yes, that's right. 5 miles before she came to run 4 miles.)

I have to say that this was so much easier than I thought. I think mostly because I had Corey there pushing me along. Making conversation. Keeping my mind off the run. I never once felt like I wasn't going to make it. I will probably follow her around like a puppy from now on.

Daily Mantra:

I can't believe I'm running 4 miles!!

Distance:

4 miles

I'm adding a new segment to my Saturday Team Run posts...

Total Miles Run So Far:

63.78 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment