Saturday, August 29, 2009

Day 41 Saturday Aug. 29 - GO TEAM!

Jeff had to work today so I was afraid I was going to miss running with my Team this morning. It's tough to find a babysitter willing to come over at 6:00am on a Saturday. I love the Saturday runs so much and I was pretty bummed about missing out. Luckily, Trinity (and Kris) let Grant stay the night with them last night so I could get up and run with the team. That meant Maggie would be running with me...in the jogging stroller of course!

This was my first outing with the jogging stroller. Whew! It was tough. That thing does NOT steer or move easily. It is very light but WHEW! I forgot my watch today so I have no idea what my time was. (I'm actually surprised that's the only thing I forgot today) I'm sure it was slower by a couple of minutes.

Maggie loved the run! And all the attention! We both took a very long nap when we got home.

I'm still running 1 mile then walking 1 minute. I think I might keep it this way. For a while at least. We up it to 4 miles next week and before this whole thing is over I'm going to be running 13 miles at a time. I think the 1 mile 1 minute thing is good for me. Maybe. I don't know. I feel like I should be doing more.

Daily Mantra:

I'm pushing a stroller. I'm pushing a stroller.

(OK, so I know that mantra is kind of lame, but seriously, that's the only thing that was going through my mind. I couldn't get past the stroller. At least it kept my mind off the run.)

Distance:

3 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment