Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Day 31 - Back in the saddle

So today was my first actual run in 6 days. 6 DAYS!! I was more than a little scared about how it would go. Tonight was a Team run with the group and we all now how unsuccessful am I at these weeknight Team runs. I decided to take it slower than normal and run 4/1 intervals with Trinity. She always runs 4 minutes, walks 1 minute and does this pretty successfully. Intervals work really well for a lot of people and since I was out of practice, I went with it.

I think it was a good move for tonight because I struggled. I wanted to quit. I actually made sure that I finished first. Just in case I had to throw up, no one would see. I didn't. Throw up, that is.

But I realized...I HATE INTERVALS! I hate them. I just can't run that way. And yes, I know technically I am running intervals but I'm running 1 mile intervals. I'm not watching the clock to see when I can stop. When I can take a break. I found myself praying, begging, pleading for the 4 minutes to be over. When I run a mile...I just run. I run until my mile is up. It just works better for me.

Daily Mantra:

Come on! Don't give up!

Distance:

2 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment