Sunday, August 9, 2009

Day 21 - Just a Girl

'cause I'm just a girl.
I'd rather not be
'cause they won't let me drive
Late at night
I'm just a girl,
Guess I'm some kind of freak
'cause they all sit and stare
With their eyes
I'm just a girl.
Take a good look at me
Just your typical prototype
Oh...i've had it up to here!
Oh...am I making myself clear?

I'm just a girl
I'm just a girl in the world...
That's all that you'll let me be!

I ran 2.2 miles tonight! I started with the intention of running 9 minute intervals but felt great at 9 minutes so I just kept running. I ran a full mile before I stopped for my 1 minute walk. A FULL MILE PEOPLE! Then I walked for about a minute (0.1 miles) and ran mile number 2. WITHOUT STOPPING! Woo Hoo! First mile was 11 minutes. Second mile 10 minutes 58 seconds. Again, WOO HOO!

About halfway through the second mile (0.5 miles in) I was losing it. I was tired, my calves hurt, and I wanted to stop. Then "Just a Girl" started playing on my iPod. Love Old School Rocker Gwen. That song totally pumped me up and got me home. Thank you Gwen.

Daily Mantra:

am I making myself clear

Distance:

2.2 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment