Sunday, August 9, 2009

Day 20 - Go Team!

Today (Saturday) was TNT group training run. I love the group training! It's extremely motivating to have so many folks running and supporting this awesome cause. I concentrate so much on how this is effecting me and my struggles, that I think I'm leaving out the most important thing...LLS! The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society! Monique (Mo) told her story Saturday morning. She lost her son Griffin to cancer several years ago. Mo is one of our mentors and I've actually heard her story before. I cried this first time I heard it and now I cried a second time. We've all been touched by cancer. Whether it be leukemia, breast cancer, or whatever. Cancer is cancer. And it sucks. I was with my Sister In Law this weekend. She's going through radiation right now for breast cancer. She looks great. She acts great. And she is great. But she has cancer and it sucks. It just sucks. Another reason to run...

Now on to the 3 mile run...I really felt like I rocked it. I ran 8 minute intervals. Meaning I ran for 8 minutes and walked for 1 minute and so on. I had this realization today...it's supposed to hurt. I know that's simple but it's so true. If you don't have to really have to push yourself then you are not growing. And it's going to HURT sometimes! Just suck it up and run through the pain. SUCK IT UP!

Daily Mantra:

SUCK IT UP

Distance:

3 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment