Monday, August 3, 2009

Day 17 - Dear Lord!

Dear Lord, Please get me through this. Yes, you've heard me say that before. Oh, but I didn't mean it then. Now I mean it. PLEASE get me through this!


My iPod is dead. My knee hurts. And it's 100 degrees outside. Why did I sign up for this kind of torture? Why?! Oh yeah, because it's a good cause. Oh, and to help people. Oh, and to better myself. Hmmmm. Do I really need to better myself? As I always say to my friend Leslie when she tries to talk me into reading one of her beloved self-help books, "I don't need no stinkin help! I'm fine the way I am!"

But I'm not. If I was fine, then tonight wouldn't have almost killed me. OK, so I'm exaggerating a tiny bit, but seriously, it was hard. I didn't have my head in the game. It was too hot and I couldn't concentrate. All we had to do was run 2 miles. 2! That's it. I've been running 2 miles every night for the last 2 weeks. What's the problem?

Trinity really had to push me the first mile. I wanted to stop. I wanted to walk. She pushed me on and I made it. At one mile, Coach David had us stretch. It's hard for me to take a break like that and then get motivated again. But I did. The 1 mile back actually went faster I think. Not because I felt better, but just because I just wanted it to be over.

My knee still hurts and my face is still red. Yes, an hour and a half later, I'm still flushed. But I don't want to die. That's a good sign...right.

Daily Mantra:

Dear Lord!

Distance:

2 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment