Saturday, August 1, 2009

Day 14 - TNT Training has begun

3 miles! That's right...3 miles people! That's what I ran today. Woo Hoo!

Alarm went off at 5:30am. Got dressed. Ready to head out the door at 6:00am. Where are my keys? I put them in the same place everyday. Crap! I am going to be late for my first official Team In Training (TNT) run. After 10 unsuccessful minutes, I turned all the lights on in a frantic search. Mom woke up..."0h I moved your keys because I was afraid you would loose them." What? Loose them from the place I always keep them? Thanks mom. Oh well, I was on my way. Driving 55mph in a 40mph zone, I get pulled over. PLEASE DON'T GIVE ME A TICKET!! He didn't. And I was the 2nd TNT gal he had pulled over that morning. Thanks Mr. Officer for not ruining my day! I made it with 2 minutes to spare!

After welcomes and announcements, we were off! 3 miles was our goal! TNT folks were running all along the course helping us. Pushing us. Encouraging us. Motivating us! Thanks TNT mentors and coaches!

I feel great. Awesome. Like I accomplished something big today. What a great feeling.

Daily Mantra:

You rock!

Distance:

3 miles

Fun Fact:

After only 1 week of fundraising, the North Cities Group (McKinney, Plano, Frisco) has raised over $6,000 for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS).

I really believe that the Co.Co. Moms (my moms group) alone can raise that amount plus some by the time this is over. What do you think ladies?

1 comment:

  1. I still can't believe you got pulled over AND he'd already pulled over another TNT person too, lol! Congrats again on the great fundraising and think our group is going to do great with the run and the fundraising!

    ReplyDelete