Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Beginning

I have decided to chronicle my journey into insanity (the running world) one day at a time....

One of the moms from my mom’s group (Co.Co. Moms) suggested we attend a Team In Training meeting. The below is directly from the TNT website. They explain so much better than I do...

Over the past 20 years, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Team In Training® (TNT) has grown to become an unparalleled sports training program. More than 389,000 participants, from first timers to seasoned athletes, have trained with the Team and achieved their best at marathons, half marathons, triatholons, 100-mile cnetury bike rides, and hiking adventures.

The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is the world's largest voluntary health organization dedicated to funding blood cancer research and providing education and patient services. We have invested more than $600 million in research since 1949 - over $71 million in 2008 - specifically targeting leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma. Last year alone, LLS made 6.3 million contacts with patients, caregivers and healthcare professionals.


The meeting was so inspirational. We went expecting to sign up for relay (5 miles each) and left signed up for the half and full. Are we crazy? I have not yet decided between the half or full. I know that I can complete the half but the full scares THE YOU KNOW WHAT out of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment